June 11, Nick Saltas
- What people or situations do you have that are not resolved yet?
- Are your friends helpful or harmful when you are in times of trials or suffering, how?
- How can we practically walk with someone that is hurting but still needs to forgive?
January 22, Karin Saltas
- In which area do you most need to increase in persevering( teaching, fellowship, breaking
- How can I serve this community with my watch and wallet?
- Which is your biggest challenge in a community that is gathered, unified and intimate?
- Where do you feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit in terms of habits and rituals?
December 4, Nick Saltas
- What is advent and why is it important?
- Which of the 4 responses to the shepherd message do I connect with and why?
- In what areas of my life do I need a peace or hope?
November 20, Nick Saltas
- Do I believe God is a good father? Why or why not?
- Can you think of a prayer you are glad God didn’t answer? Explain.
- Talk about the last time you “did unto others as you would want them do unto you”. Was it easy or hard? Discuss.
- Are your prayers more self-focussed or others’ focussed? Discuss.
November 13, Shawn Stewart
- Have you ever judged someone incorrectly, discovering later that you were wrong?
- How does the gospel help us drop our judgment?
- How am I judging those around me based on the outcome and their reaction?
- How can we practically keep from forming those judgments?
October 30, Nick Saltas
- In what ways do we serve mammon?
- What stuff or experiences do I think bring me satisfaction?
- Do I live like heaven is a real place?
October 23, Shawn Stewart
- Have you ever been tempted to act religious? How and why did you feel that way? How has the gospel helped you get honest?
- Why do we continue to struggle with dropping the masks we use? What are we not believing? How can you practically keep from picking the mask up?
- How does the Lord’s prayer help us get and stay honest?
October 16, Nick Saltas
- Do I make pharisaical excuses in order to avoid dealing with sin? Why and how?
- What are some of the consequences of porn and or emo porn when it comes to my relationship with God and others?
- What are some of the practical ways I can look “under the hood” instead of cover or ignore the warning lights?
September 18, 2016 Nick Saltas
1. Do you suffer more from guilt or an attitude of “it can’t be done” when it come to The Beatitudes ?
2. Which of The Beatitudes do you find the most difficult to live in? Why?
3. What is your definition of persecution?
July 24, 2016 Nick Saltas
- When and how did you experience “pruning”?
- How does abiding in Christ differ from activities and methods?
- Which of the “I AM” statements has impacted you?
June 12, 2016, Shawn Stewart
- What is one area in your life that at one point was blind that Jesus has illuminated?
- What is one area of your life that you would like to see transformed by the light of Jesus?
- How does the light we receive empower us to bring light into the world
June 5, 2016, Nick Saltas
- What am I filling up on that affects my appetite for Jesus?
- What aspects of the gospel are offensive or difficult for me to reconcile?
- How can I practically feed on Jesus?
May 29, Travis Cory & Betsy Still
- What do I know to be true of God’s call on my life?
- How am I moving towards those things?
- What season am I in right now?
- As I approach my vocation/life work, am I first seeking the kingdom?
- How am I participating in the redemptive work of God where I am right now?
May 22, Nick Saltas
- What risky thing have you done at work for the sake of the gospel?
- Have you ever had a Paul (seasoned vet) or Apollos (rookie) in your home? What was that like?
- Which of the 3 misconceptions about work are you most prone to and why?
Forget about work
Forget about mission
Separate work from mission
May 15, Shawn Stewart
- When was the last time you had your “kingdom” disrupted at work? What happened and how did you respond?
- When was a time when you faced relational opposition? Were you at fault? What happened and how did you respond?
- What role does fear play in your posture toward work?
- What does it look like to make your opinion known and to fight for what you think is best at work, and at the same time let go of your own potential agenda?
- How have you struggled with the temptation to chase after significance?
- What is your job beyond your job? Why does God have you where He has you?
May 1, Nick Saltas
- Who is the worst boss you have ever had and why?
- Have you ever stood up for your faith or principles and it has adversely affected your job? What happened?
- When have you engaged God directly in terms of a work problem and how did that work out?
- What are the “idols” that you feel like you are being pressured to bow to?
April 24, Neil Thomas
- What have you learned so far during this series on “God at Work?”
- Do you relate more to Lot or Abram in this passage? Explain.
- Have you ever participated in an act of extravagant generosity and if so, what was the result?
April 17, Nick Saltas
- Talk about a time when you tried to take things into your own hands at work. What happened?
- Does your job feel like a prison? What could God be teaching you?
- Do you ask “why is this happening to me” or “God, what are you doing in me”?
- Talk about a time where you focused on your co-workers’ well being. What was the outcome?
April 10, Chris Johnson
- In what ways do you see brokenness and the consequences of the fall affecting your workplace.
- How does your work connect with God’s work? How does it connect with your community?
- Where do you see Jesus redeeming work in your life? How can you approach work in a way that points to the Father who created work?
March 20, Nick Saltas
Ephesians 6: 16-24
- What comes easier for you prayer or supplication? Why?
- How has your understanding of your identity changed through the Ephesians series?
- Talk about a time when you were a bold ambassador for Christ.
- Do you feel/operate as an ambassador or a refugee?
Feb. 28 Nick Saltas
Ephesians 5: 21-33
- Why is submission such an emotive term?
- What did I learn as a single male/female person?
- Why do you think we connect submission to weakness?
- What does it practically look for someone to love you as Christ does the church?
Feb. 21 Nick Saltas
Ephesians 5: 15-20
- Do the “things of the Spirit” excite, worry, frustrate or confuse you? Why? Discuss
- Have you experienced the “exposing” work of the Spirit? What did He expose, what happened?
- How can we be more intentional about “speaking to one another in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs”? What would it look like in this LG?
Feb. 14 Jon Marshall
Ephesians 5: 1-14
- How do people in your life define love? What do they think sex is for?
- Describe how Jesus’ redefinition of love affects the way you approach relationships.
- What benefit can Jesus’ approach to love have for our city? How can it improve the loves of your co-workers and neighbors? Be specific, thinking of real people in your life.
Feb. 7 Nick Saltas
Luke 4: 1-15
- How has this fast been different to one’s that I have participated in before?
- What has the Holy Spirit exposed in me during this fasting time?
- Did I experience a tangible sense of God’s presence and love (Full of the HS), an understanding that God speaks and guides you (Led by the HS) the empowerment by the Spirit to be on mission (In the power of the Spirit).